Each year, the General Assembly convenes in Richmond to discuss the important issues facing the Commonwealth of Virginia. Thousands of bills are considered that modify, update, remove and implement laws that affect all of us.
The 2015 Session of the General Assembly has now officially started:
- HJ 491 Constitutional Amendment — Restoration of Civil Rights
- HB 1350 Personal injury or wrongful death action; appointment of administrator.
- HB 1486 Workers’ compensation; exclusivity of remedy.
- HB 1487 Depository institutions; authority to sponsor savings promotions.
- HB 1489 Local taxes; payment by a third party.
- HB 1490 Public schools; Standards of Learning tests.
- HB 1491 Graduation; verified units of credit, locally developed alternative assessments.
- HB 1609 Severability; removes clauses by repeal or amendment throughout Code of Virginia.
- HB 1610 Punitive or exemplary damages; consistency provided by changing references to damages.
- HB 1620 DUI; person cannot be found guilty if in vehicle that is parked on private residential property.
- HB 1935 Motor vehicle dealers; coercion by manufacturer affiliates.
- HB 1942 Health insurance; prior authorization for drug benefits.
- HB 2217 Bank franchise tax.
- HB 2263 Roanoke Regional Airport Commission; authority to seek appointment of law-enforcement.
- HB 2332 Roadside safety devices with identification numbers.